Ukdiche Modak - उकडीचे मोदक | Steamed Modak | Recipe by Archana in Marathi
On the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi learn how to make Ukdiche Modak at home from our chef Archana on Ruchkar Mejwani. Ukdiche Modak or steamed coconut dumplings are served to Lord Ganesha as prasad / nevedya.
Share on Facebook: goo.gl/r33Ao8
Tweet about this: goo.gl/ogqTHA
Share on G+ : goo.gl/p8ujI2
3 Cups Water
3 Cups Rice Flour
3 Cups Grated Coconut
1 1/2 Cup Jaggery
1 tsp Oil / Ghee
1 tsp Cardamom Powder
Salt to taste
३ कप पाणी
३ कप तांदुळाचे पीठ
३ कप ओलं खोबरं
१/२ कप गुळ
१ tsp तेल / तूप
१ tsp वेलची पावडर
To Make the Covering (Ukad)
- In a pan heat some water. Add salt and ghee.
- Then add the rice flour and mix everything well.
- Switch off the flame and cover it for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes spread the mixture in bowl and allow it to cool.
To Make the filling
- In a pan heat some oil. Then add grated coconut and jaggery.
- Mix well till the jaggery melts completely.
- Then add cardamom powder and mix well. Switch off the flame and let the mixture cool.
To Make the Modaks
- Remove the flour mixture into a flat bottom pan and knead the dough well.
- Take out lemon sized balls of the dough and shape it into a small roti with your fingers. Apply oil to your palms so that the mixture doesn't stick to your hands.
- Fill the small roti with the coconut filling leaving some space for folding it.
- Pinch the outer covering with your fingers into small pleats and then fold them up. Join them and cover the filling completely.
- Make all the modaks like so and keep them aside.
- For cooking, fill 1/4th of the steamer with water. Cover it with the lid. If you are using a pressure cooker, don't put the vent valve.
- Let the modaks steam for 10-15 mins and they are ready. You can also serve them with ghee.
Director: Narayan Thakur
Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Akshay Durgule
Editing: Ravi Varma
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe & Stay Tuned: bit.ly/SubscribeToRuchkarMejwani
For Facebook Updates: facebook.com/RuchkarMejwani
Join us on G+ : plus.google.com/u/0/108499039376892009441/posts